The Horlicks Cupcake with Horlicks Cream was inspired by my mum who bought me a bottle of Horlicks few days back. It has been a long time since I last had Horlicks, probably few decades. And, everything started when I have a cup of Horlicks at Toastbox recently and told my mum I wanna drink Horlicks. The next moment, my wish came true.
Beside making Horlicks into beverage, Horlicks can be made into cupcakes and topping cream. I have adapted my recipe from Violet Fenying’s Facebook post on DDMT Horlick Cupcakes who has adapted her recipe from Aunty Irene. So, what is DDMT? Apparently, it meant “Die Die Must Try”. Since it sounds so compelling, then I must really try this recipe. The Horlicks Cupcake with Horlicks Cream turned out to be really moist and super soft. I have reduced the amount of sugar in my recipe and the cupcakes were just nice. The Horlicks cream is a little too sweet for my liking.
1. Put all the ingredients A into a pot. Stir continuously under low heat until butter and sugar melt and the mixture becomes creamy. Set aside and leave to cool.
2. Beat the eggs and add it into the cooled horlicks mixture. Mix well.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture until well incorporated.
4. Pour into the lined cupcake moulds, and steam over medium high heat for 20 minutes. Cover the steamer’s cover to avoid water vapour dripping into the cupcakes while steaming.
5. Prepare the horlicks cream by putting all the ingredients for horlicks cream into a pot. Heat under low heat and stir continuously until creamy. Off heat.
6. Drizzle the horlicks cream over the cupcakes. Serve.
If you have enjoyed reading this recipe, do like my Facebook page to get more upcoming fun and informative recipes. Alternatively, you can either subscribe to Kiddo Hut or follow Kiddo Hut on Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ for all forthcoming recipes. Thank you for visiting Kiddo Hut!