While I was trying to think for the next day breakfast menu for my kids, a food programme on the television gave me an idea. I can serve patties to G&G. I love to make my own burger but haven’t tried doing one for my kids. Combing through my refrigerator, I found these ingredients that will make perfect Meat & Broccoli patties for them. Adding the chestnut gives the patties some crunchy texture. I used pork and of course you can replace the pork with beef or Chicken. If you prefer other vegetable, you can add or replace. Just bear in mind the cooking time for different ingredients.
There are many ways of making delicious patties and mine is definitely one of those easiest ways. But, they haven’t learn to hold their own burgers, I just serve them the patties and they finished almost half of the 10 pieces I have made. So, for the balance, we just add some lettuce, cheese, ketchup, and sandwich the patties between two burger buns and make ourselves some tasty burgers.
Couple of things to note when making patties. Do not make the patties too thick, otherwise it takes longer to cook and the vegetable therein may be overcooked. Sway the patties in the pan to avoid patties sticking at the bottom of the pan and for more evenly cooking. Use the spatular to press the patties while pan frying to ensure it is fully cooked but be careful not to press too hard till the juices within flow out which causes the patties to be too dry.
1. Cut the broccoli, chestnut and spring onion to very small pieces.
2. Lightly beaten the egg.
3. Put pork, broccoli, chestnut, spring onion and egg in a big bowl and mix well.
4. Add the plain flour and corn flour to the mixture and mix well.
5. Add salt and pepper, and mix well. Put the batter in an air-tight container or cover the bowl with a cling wrap and leave the batter in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
6. Heat some Olive oil in the non-stick pan.
7. Pour some batter and use a spatular to flatten the batter and shape the patties. Do not make the patties too thick, otherwise it will take longer to cook.
8. Pan fry till cooked. Serve.
Note: If you are serving any of the ingredients to your kid for the first time, do watch out for potential allergy reactions.
If you have enjoyed reading this article, do like my Facebook page to get more upcoming fun and informative articles. You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest , Google+ and StumbleUpon for more updates. Thank you for visiting Kiddo Hut!